Mango-Avocado Salad & Mango Lassi


One semi ripe mango and one avocado had been lying in my fridge for one whole week. Today I was determined to do something about it so I made mango-avocado salad and mango lassi (recipe below). This is such a refreshing salad and so easy to make that you will want to make it over and over again! In a bowl
I whisked up 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar, 1tbs of olive oil, few squeezes of lemon (depending on how tangy you like it), salt (to taste) & freshly cracked black pepper (to taste). To that I added chunks of a whole avocado, about 1 cup of mango and 1/4 cup of finely chopped onions. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro if you want to. Tossed them well and voila... a tasty and good for you salad. So for lunch today I had a mini chicken slider with tomato and sauteed zuchhini and a side of the yummy salad.


For the mango lassi I blended together about a cup of roughly chopped mango, 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 tsp of grated ginger (you can squeeze out the juice from the grated ginger and use that if you do not like the texture of it in your lassi)  and 1/2 tsp of chaat masala, salt to taste and a handful of ice. 
Served it chilled!

I am sending this to Kolkata Food Bloggers 
event - Beat the Heat


Comments

Popular Posts