Oven Baked French Fries

Mondays almost always find me grumpy! But not today! I was surprisingly charged up for the rest of the week! The sonny boy and I did our lessons together (we are learning how to spell the days of the week), we played some, spent some time reading. Plus I cooked and cleaned! Phew! 
Since I was in such a good mood, I thought of making the 4.75 year old one of his favorites - French Fries - my version of it! He absolutely loves these surprise treats. And it is absolutely a pleasure to see his face light up with delight. 



I make these oven-baked 'French Fries' for him 3 to 4 times a month but this is the first time I thought about blogging about it! These are just so easy to make and a sure shot hit with the kids! And you do not feel guilty about feeding the little people of your lives junk!

Ingredients:
  • Russet Potatoes - 2, big (you can use Idaho potato or any starchy potato of your choice)
  • Oil - 2 tsp + some for greasing the baking/cookie sheet
  • Black Pepper - 1/4 tsp, freshly ground
  • Salt to taste

Preheat oven to 425F.
Brush the baking sheet or cookie sheet with oil.
In a bowl, whisk together the oil, salt and black pepper. 
Cut the potatoes in the batonnet or 'French Fries' shape. To make it look prettier you can cut off the top and bottom edges to give it a more uniform look but I skip that - why waste perfectly good potatoes bits! 
Toss them in the oil mix and make sure each one gets evenly coated.
Spread out on the greased baking sheet in a single layer and bake for about 30-35 minutes (till they start turning golden brown). Be sure to turn them once halfway. If you like them crispier bake for few more minutes.
Serve hot with ketchup or your favorite condiment. 

Comments

Sarani, these are such beauties! I did not let even 6 hours (read the night) pass before I hurried into making these. You have officially given me my favourite French Fries recipe. And guilt free, that too! :) Million thanks!
Cocoawind said…
Haha... Thank you for trying these out! And your kind words! :)

Popular Posts