Marshmallow Pops for my little Valentine



Over the last 18 years that I have known (and been in a relationship) with the husband, I can remember just a handful of times that we have celebrated Valentine's Day. We have spent many a Valentine's Day apart, sometimes in different countries, sometimes in different cities and sometimes even in different continents. Yes, a couple of them involved roses and gifts and gifts for each other (we were young once), but that was a long LONG time back. Nowadays, we are just happy to stay in, eat good food and drink our favorite wine while watching a movie. 
This year it is all different! I have a new Valentine! One who is counting down the days till Valentine's Day, making card after card for his Baba & Mamma, who has reminded me more than once not to forget to buy cards for his friends and who has been asking me repeatedly if we can have a Valentine's Day party(!!!). I do not think he understands the nuances behind the day but there is definitely a lot of LOVE and excitement involved. I did not promise him a party but I did make him some Valentine's Day Special Marshmallow Pops. 

Marshmallow Pops for my little Valentine

Ingredients:

  • Marshmallows - about 10 or 12. bigger the better
  • Paper Straws - as many as the marshmallows
  • Candy melt - about a cup (I used Wilton's Candy melts)
  • Sprinkles of your choice
Melt the candy melts according to package instruction. Cut the paper straws to desired length, and poke through at least two-thirds way into the marshmallows. Roll each marshmallow in the melted candy, shake off excess and dabble it in the sprinkles. I used a small bucket, filled with rice to stick the pops in. Let it dry before serving or it will drip all over. Store extras in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container. These should be good for 5 days. 

These are inspired by my friend Gen's Christmas Marshmallow pops!

Marshmallow Pops for my little Valentine

I am sending this to Kolkata Food Bloggers 
Valentine's Day Celebrations


Comments

Hamaree Rasoi said…
Ak dom phataphati valentine days er jonno preparation korecho. Wish I was there to get a taste of it. Clicks too are awesome.
Deepa
Cocoawind said…
Ha ha... thank you Deepashri.. the easiest thing I ever made!

Popular Posts