S'mores Pops

S'mores Pops

 
 
 
I am trying to write this post while munching on Twix, Milky Way, Crunch and KitKat - the bite sized ones. Yup! I shamelessly ransacked my 6 yo's Halloween loot! It is a good thing that I am allergic to most nuts and do not like the awfully sweet candies, or he would have come back to an empty basket! Ha ha!
 
Coming back to the extremely easy dessert that kids absolutely love! I am yet to meet an adult who loves marshmallows.. but I am sure you guys are out there somewhere. All you need are some large marshmallows, leftover ganache, crushed graham crackers and some paper straws cut into halves or lollipop sticks.
 
Recipe for Ganache - here! This is a great way to use up leftover chocolate ganache. It was the husband's birthday last month and we had a small get-together. I had made a chocolate mud cake covered in chocolate ganache. I had some leftover and used it to make these treats for the kids.
The ganache has to be of the right consistency.. if it is too thick you will not be able to dunk the marshmallows in it.
 
Crush the graham crackers and put them in a shallow bowl. You can put the graham crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush. You can use a rolling pin.
Keep the chocolate ganache ready in another bowl.
Twist in the lollipop sticks (or paper straws) about two-thirds of the way.
Dunk the marshmallows on sticks in the chocolate ganache. Turn the sticks slowly to catch the drips and gently shake off the excess.
Roll the chocolate covered marshmallows in the crushed graham crackers. Stack them upside down till dry.
Serve and be ready to see a lot of smiles all around! I have used a bucket of rice to stick the marshmallow pops before.
 
Check out the Valentine's Day special Marshmallow Pops here!
 
 
 
 
 




Comments

Popular Posts