Glimpses of Hawaii - 1



Glimpses of Hawaii - 1
A week long trip to sunny Hawaii bang in the middle of the wintry January - that's what dreams are made of, right? Well, it wasn't for me. Weird? Why, yes of course! But do hear me out. I am not a fan of beaches and sand and the salty sea water. Never was. My earliest memories of the beach was at Puri (Bhubeneshwar, India) - a hot favorite destination of all Bengalis. I remember sitting at least 20 feet away from where the waves were crashing and screaming my lungs out. The 4 year old me did not want my parents to go anywhere near the water. I think my parents and I have vacationed at Puri at least 4 times. No happy memories. Well, just one. I went 'tubing' in the waves. I was stuck inside a rubber tube and someone held onto the tube tightly plus it was kind of anchored. I think or I would like to think it was. And I went splashing around in the waves.

The husband loves the beach. And the water. He spent hours swimming, snorkeling and belly surfing. This vacation was his idea.

6.5 yo was wary - this was his first trip to the beach. And the introduction did not go too well. The very first time the waves touched his feet, he lost one of his sandals to it - only temporarily though. It washed right back. But it had already left a not-so-positive impression on him. So for one whole day he cautiously observed the waves, built sand castles and was more than happy to jump around where the waves were breaking and there was just ankle deep water.

On Day 2, his father coaxed him into the water. 

Then there was no turning back.. he went snorkeling, belly surfing and plain refused to get out of water.

As for me, I went on the vacation as a reluctant soul and came back transformed with heaps of memories that will last a lifetime.

Trust me, the photos do not do any justice!  We were staying in the Waikiki beach area of Honolulu, Hawaii. We just flew to Big Island for a day trip.
 Glimpses of Hawaii - 1


Glimpses of Hawaii
Breathtaking Sunrise
Glimpses of Hawaii - 1

Gorgeous skies

Glimpses of Hawaii - 1


Waves breaking

Glimpses of Hawaii - 1


View from Makapuu Lookout

Glimpses of Hawaii - 1


 View from Makapuu Lookout

Glimpses of Hawaii - 1

I will be back with more photos and experiences. 








Comments

Popular Posts