Mango Almond Fudge - Aam Almond Sondesh


Yes! We have so much mango at home that we can start selling! So after Sweet Mango Relish and Mango Murabba and Mango Lassi, I thought of making some sweets with mango. Since this wasn't a tried and tested recipe I just made a small batch (I wish I had made more - the family loved it and wanted more!). For this recipe I used home made cottage cheese (chhana). 

What I needed:
  • Home made cottage Cheese (Chhana) - 1/2 Cup 
  • Mango - grated - Pulp and Juice from 2 small
  • Sugar - 4 tsp
  • Almond - 12  grated and few slivers for garnishing

For the Homemade Cottage Cheese (Chhana):
  • 1 litre milk (I used Amul Taaza)
  • Juice of a small lemon squeezed.
How I made it:

Heated the milk in a pan and once it started boiling, Added the juice of the lemon, while stirring continuously. At this point the milk solids will start separating from the whey. Once the milk curdled completely I took the pan off heat and using a strainer drained the liquid (you can use a cheese cloth or a muslin cloth as well). Once the 'chhana' cooled down, I pressed down a little to ensure that all the excess water has drained.
Then heated a pan and added the chhana, sugar, grated almond and the grated mango to it. I could use the pulp of the mango as it was soft and not fibrous at all. If your mango is fibrous then strain and just use the juice of about 3 or 4 small mangoes. This mixture was cooked on low heat till it became a crumbly mixture. The key is stir and scrape constantly. 

Once the mixture cooled down I kneaded it like I would knead flour dough till it became smooth and stuck it in the fridge for about 2 hours. Then took it out, made small balls using the palms of my hand, garnished it with slivers of almond and served it. We Bengalis can eat 'mishti' at any time during the day. 





Comments

Unknown said…
Looks rich and delicious.
i love mango and peda ,both in one can't imagine the outcome. so tempting.
Cocoawind said…
I am sure you will love it! Thank you! :)

Popular Posts